Autor/ica Poruka
 Naslov: Novice z Triple seven podetja
PostPostano: sri 24 lip, 2015 6:58 
Offline     DHV 3

Član od: uto 25 kol, 2009 8:35
Dao Palac gore: : 1361 / Palac dolje: : 13
Dobio Palac gore: : 4177 / Palac dolje: : 20
Queen uses the spring in the Alps

We have sent a Rook2 down to famous Mr. Ziad Bassil to make a test and review of our new EN/LTF B wing. We where eagerly waiting to hear what will this independent test Spring as every year provided few exceptional days for XC flights, which some pilots got really good use off.
Peter Walner took his Queen for an epic triangle of 220 km from Ahornach Acereto in Italy and stretched his flight over to Austria and back. His comment on Queen is confirmation to many with stable canopy that makes you go fast with safe felling.
- You can check his flight http://xcglobe.com/olc/index.php/catalog/?tview=flights&act=submit&dt=19.04.2015&site=&club=&gtype=0&interval=1&sort_type=date&ww=0#si&flights&1624623&map

Our team pilot Robert Heim was able to make another exceptional flight, making an Austrian record with out and return flight of 234 km. He did not stopped there and made a 200 km triangle flight afterwards again.
- record flight can be found http://xcglobe.com/olc/index.php/catalo ... 422490&map
- 200 km triangle http://xcglobe.com/olc/index.php/catalog/?tview=flights&act=submit&dt=19.04.2015&site=&club=&gtype=0&interval=1&sort_type=date&ww=0#si&flights&1665397&map

Queen still rules its class for sure :)

Rook2, first flight first 200 km

Our team pilot from Portugal, Rui Nascimento received his Rook2 wing and when he went for the first flight, he flew over 200km. Here is his comment on the wing:

The take off is a non event, very easy. Also, it was easy to climb but i had some hard job get off the Serra Estrela mountain. After going to the flat land I had cloud everywhere with big cumulus. In my 100 km, the cumulus became CB with rain but I had always a blue sky to run from the clouds.

I was flying with some Niviuk Icepeak 6 and 7 and i never notice that they were better than me. I can say that the thermal ability of the Rook2 is very good and i outclimbed my friends for several times.

Rook2 makes you feel like at home already with the first flight.

Vrh

Naslov: Re: Novice z Triple seven podetja
PostPostano: čet 19 stu, 2015 12:44 
Offline     DHV 3

We are happy to announce that Nicole Fedele reached her goal in Quixada, flying a new World record with her brand new King. She is now first ever woman to fly over 400 km.

Yesterday was my day! It has been a very windy day with some difficulties along the course. I had a couple of low saves in turbolent conditions and the King helped me a lot with great stability and excellent climb capacities in every situation. The average speed over 401km was surprisingly high, approx 45km/h. I am very happy, looking forward for the next flight with my King!

Check her tracklog http://www.xcontest.org/world/en/flights/detail:nicole/3.11.2015/10:10.

Kings really rulled this day in Brasil as Adam Grzech managed to get even few kilometers further making two Kings flying further than anyone else on that day in the world.

Big congrats to both for amazing flying!

1 Palac gore: : MarijaETO    
Vrh

PostPostano: čet 19 stu, 2015 12:45 
Offline     DHV 3

Thermik magazine test pilots have taken the Rook2 trough its test phases and made a nice article about the wing. We are publishing now an online version of the article that you can read trough http://777gliders.com/sites/default/files/rook2thermik.pdf

Vrh

Naslov: Triple Seven KING
PostPostano: sri 30 pro, 2015 7:46 
Offline     DHV 3

Triple Seven KING ! S & M

Triple Seven gliders was founded by two PWC flying brothers, that used to work with several manufacturers and their reputation at the time was the fast flying ability and the competition at the highest level.

Triple Seven was born and their first products in the B and C category were the Rook 1 and the amazing Queen which still has the best glide at full speed for a C glider !
Then came the Rook 2 which sits on the top places with the best performers in the B category with a very good accessibility.
The gliders made by the Valic brothers, seems to inherit a high performance aim with a relatively comfortable handling each in their respective category.

Now the King EN-D is here…
The King has a strong shark nose with a 3 line layout. The lower lines are small but sheathed, the mid and upper ones are thin and unsheathed, and the extremities + the brake line geometry are very thin micro lines.
I have the S size (75-95) which i flew from 90 all up till 95, and the M size (90-110) flown at 107.5 all up.
My recent D gliders for this comparison are: The Mantra 6 SM and ML, the Peak 4 21 and 23 , the Avax XC 5 26, the IP 6 23 .

Launching the King S and M in, 5 km/h to + 15 km/h , needs a steady pull to accompany the glider. It’s a slightly slower than an M6 to reach overhead, but it’s surely very easy for a D glider as it goes up in one compact piece !

Flying the King S with the same X-Rated 6 harness i used for all the mentioned gliders, showed me at 93 all up, a moderate to agile glider and could be similar to the Mantra 6 SM agility flown at the same weight also.
The brake travel is short to moderate, resembling also the M6 SM brake travel .
The differences in thermal entry is that the King S pitches slightly back a little before entering.
The King M flown at 108 doesn’t have that pronounced pitch back movement and gives a neutral one instead.
The King could be described as a comfortable D glider when flown in moderate turbulence.
Flying the glider is some nasty ‘winter’ turbulent air, the King needs more active piloting than a Mantra 6 MS and slightly less piloting than a Peak 4 21 i was test flying at the same time.
The glider movements in some lee side thermals are sharp with always a marked back pitch on the S rather than a forward pitch. The M size showed me a more neutral pitch.
Of course sometimes it pulls you to the thermals, but in the relatively “moderate” turbulence conditions i flew it in, (only the summer conditions will give a better idea) , i found it easy to control the forward pitch, and in some macaroni stuff, i wished for a more neutral pitch on the S size.

The climb rate performance for both the S and the M size in very weak thermals (0.3m/s) is moderate to good resembling the Peak 4 one.
Once the thermals are steady and homogenous the very good maneuverability of the King doesn’t loose any weak thermal, and the flat turning ability, helps immensely to stay in the core. It has much better climb than the Queen in small conditions even loaded.
In those very weak conditions the M6 could still have a slight insignificant edge in float-ability…But i’m being too picky…as you already know Wink

Now comes the glide part.
Doing some glides with the M6, Peak 4, IP 6, showed me for several times a superiority in gliding power for the King S and for sure the M size !
For instance the M6, MS (80-95) at 93 compared to the King M (90-110) flown at 108, gave the King a full + 2 km/h trim speed and for sure an impressive glide angle, like from another dimension ! It looked like chasing a full CCC competition glider !
Flying the King S (75-95) at 93 all up next to a Peak 4 23 (85-105), gave me the same big visual advantage in glide for the King S and as we both used the speed bar, the differences became larger to my favor !
The top speed of the Peak 4 23 is still around +3 km/h more similarly loaded versus the King S size.
I found it that especially around 45- 47 km/h the king glide angle is remarkably better !
I was never expecting a clear visual glide difference ! Usually there’s a small glide difference between newly tested gliders.But not this time !
The King does have indeed an amazing glide…or should i say:
The glide angle is worthy of a King ! Smile
The IP 6 23, still has also more top speed (+ 6 km/h) , over the King S, followed by the M6 (+ 2 km/h) .
I measured the King S top speed at 1000 ASL with 93 all up around 56 km/h with overlapping pulleys.
The glide at that speed is very nice, but i felt that the best glide is around ± 46 km/h for the S size which many XC pilots use frequently.
I found that racing at that speed through moderate turbulent air is quite usable as i was able to keep my feet on the pedal.

Big ears are easy to induce with a stable behavior and efficient descent rate at -3m/s with full bar.
They open smoothly !

Conclusion:
The King is the new reference in gliding power in the D category .
It seems that Triple Seven has built a powerful, fairly accessible, agile, gliding machine for “experienced” D pilots.
Upgrading from the Queen is logical if it was already flown easily for two seasons in strong conditions.
I’m sure that any C or D pilot test flying the King, will be shocked by this superb gliding Albatros Wink

Videos soon....
Cheers,
Ziad.

Vrh

PostPostano: sri 30 pro, 2015 11:47 
Offline     DHV 1-2

Član od: pon 14 ruj, 2009 11:41
Dao Palac gore: : 15 / Palac dolje: : 1
Dobio Palac gore: : 27 / Palac dolje: : 0
Jel neko vidio zmijske noge, pardon, EN D certifikat za Kinga? Našao sam za Mantru, Peaka i Avaxa s kojima ga Ziad uspoređuje.

Vrh

PostPostano: sri 30 pro, 2015 16:10 
Offline     DHV 3

ibanjac je napisao/la:
Jel neko vidio zmijske noge, ...

Zmija ti leži, a iđe. Al' iđe taaako brzo da joj ne v'diš nogu.

1 Palac gore: : rudar    
Vrh

PostPostano: pon 18 tra, 2016 15:02 
Offline     DHV 3

The Deck

At Triple Seven gliders we are expanding the range of our products with a new EN/LTF A wing. The Deck is here, ready to satisfy any instructor's need of relaxed teaching on the training hill, as well as later in the air. The new pilots can be sure that with the Deck, they will have safest and most forgiving wing above their head which one will teach them all the skills needed to build up the new successful path in paragliding.

The Deck already passed the flight test in M size of course with a strict low A certification.Â

When designing it we had in mind the pilots safety feel under the wing but at the same time we managed to make a wing with best possible price ratio so that you can offer a good quality package to the school at a decent pricing. We managed to make a simple construction of the canopy with only 29 cells but at the same time, use of mini ribs refined the trailing edge, making the wing really nice in turns and with privileged performance. Â
For sure this is the best package for a student to build its way to paragliding world in safest possible manner.

Deck is coming in three sizes:
S (60-85kg)
M (80-105kg)
L (100-125kg)

The Deck can be ordered now for your potential customers and of course, to see it for yourself what an amazing achievement has come off the hands of Valič brothers yet again.

Vrh

Naslov: D-light
PostPostano: sri 05 tra, 2017 12:13 
Offline     DHV 3

The new D-light
The world of Hike&Fly is expanding the boundaries of what paragliding is, and whom it is for. At Triple Seven, we believe that this is a great thing, and we wish to make the ultimate mountain freedom available to even more people; by making our lightweight gliders super accessible, and also by introducing the D-light, an easy EN A wing made light (the S size weighs just 2.7kgs!!).

The new D-light inherits a lot of technology from its higher-rated brothers and sisters, meaning that even though it is an EN A wing, it is also a modern and advanced paraglider, capable of carrying its pilot on all sorts of exciting adventures. It is primarily designed for the lightweight-oriented beginner, but it is perfectly capable of much more than an evening fly-down from some Alpine peak.

The D-light will be available in two sizes (S and M). Both of the sizes already passed the flight test and are waiting for the paperwork for the certification. The D-light can be already ordered.

S 60-85 kg
M 80-105 kg

Vrh

Naslov: Queen2 and the Knight
PostPostano: sri 05 tra, 2017 12:48 
Offline     DHV 3

Queen2 and the Knight

Dear 777 dealers.
As is often the case during the development phase of new high-performance paragliders, our R&D team have found further details to improve in their work on the new Queen 2 and the Knight. After weighing the pros and cons, we decided to give them the time they need to make the best glider possible, rather than drawing a hard deadline in the sand and releasing a new wing which could be even better. This means that we have a few weeks' delay from planned March release date. By accepting this delay we feel that we ultimately get an even better wing - and that means a lot to us!
We realize that many of you are already impatient, and we understand this! We feel the same, but it wouldn't be a Triple Seven wing if it wasn't the very best wing we can make at any given point in time! So please be patient for just another few short week-s. We'll be on the case night and day, and we'll keep you all updated!

New brain power

We're excited to announce a new addition to our global Sales and Marketing team; Mads Syndergaard from Denmark is joining us to enhance our global sales work! Mads joins us from a similar position with UP, and will work closely with Matjaz to expand our brand recognition and not least our dealer network, both globally and in Central Europe. He'll also be helping us with the Social Media presence and manage the team activities.

Mads is fluent in several languages, likes photography and videography, and his flying heart beats for competition paragliding. We think he'll make a great Triple Seven team member, and we look forward to working with him.

Vrh

PostPostano: čet 11 svi, 2017 8:57 
Offline     DHV 3

A knight to look after you...
Everyone needs a Knight in shining armor to look out for them once in a while - so we went and built one for you...

The new Knight fills the gap between the Pawn and the Rook2 in the Triple Seven model range. With the former being a dedicated school wing, and the latter an advanced XC machine of the finest caliber, the step up from one to the other was simply too great if you wanted to remain on a Triple Seven glider, and the Knight was born. The new wing is made to make the entry into the world of thermal- and XC flying as easy, intuitive and safe as possible, and has ample performance to make every one of those first adventurous flights into an unmitigated pleasure, from the first modest beeps on the vario and all the way into flights worthy of the Worldwide X-Contest.

At Triple Seven we think of this new wing as the ideal "weekend warrior" tool; plenty of performance to allow such a pilot to reach their lofty flying goals, but not so twitchy as to put them off trying... We achieved this balance by taking all the best from the gliders both above and below the Knight in our model range and mixing these characteristics together into Mini-ribs cocktail worthy of even quite discerning pilots' admiration and respect. This means that the Knight sports design features such as mini ribs in the trailing edge, the Triple Seven Back Position Air Intakes, long speed system travel, direct and progressive handling and much more.

- Back Position Air Intakes. for perfect internal pressure at all angles of attack
- Mini-ribs in the trailing edge, for better trailing edge definition and reduced ballooning
- Optimized mix of line diameters and materials, for top performance with maximum longevity and safety
- Refined wingtip design, for minimal induced drag and intuitive handling
- Aerofoil optimized for great climbing
- Trim speed adapted to the pilot target group; fast, but not so fast as to be demanding to launch and land...
- Dokdo 30 in the leading edge, DOKDO 20 for the rest - light but strong construction
- EN B certification

Aljaz Valic:

"As soon as we realized that the gap between the Pawn and the Rook 2 was too great we started thinking of the perfect wing to bridge that gap. With the Knight we're pretty sure we have accomplished what we set out to do; to build a wing which is suitable for just about everyone who loves paragliding, but who doesn't want too much mental workload during their thermal- and XC flights. Very few of us fly as much as we would like to, so when we do get out we want the day to be perfect, and the Knight can help with that!"

The Knight is for certified pilots with a desire to build up their air time and experience on progressively longer and more difficult flights, without getting flustered along the way. It is suitable for just about anyone, from talented pilots straight out of school to ambitious XC pilots wishing to expand their boundaries in comfort and safety.

Vrh

PostPostano: sri 14 lip, 2017 9:07 
Offline     DHV 3

Prenosim sa Ziad Basil FB-a:https://web.facebook.com/Dustoftheuniverse/posts/1825609400788667?_rdc=1&_rdr

Triple Seven Knight ( And shining Armour)

And the Knight came…
Back positioning system (Shark nose) , 5.4 aspect ratio, 3.8 AR projected. If you hold and look only at the lines and risers, you think you are on the 777 King. Unsheathed lines on top and regular on the lower part with exactly the same width! Impressive.
Triple seven messages are clear…at first sight, performance is ‘one’ important target.
The overall construction of the knight is super neat.
I flew the Knight SM at 93 all up in some turbulent air and strong conditions in our Cedars range.
Launching the Knight in nil wind is smooth and super easy. In strong wind, a dab on the brakes when the knight is above the pilot’s head will be better to control it overhead.
In the air, the Knight overall movements in pitch and roll weather in moderate or strong air, are super smooth and very well coordinated! It feels exactly like a low B in dampening feel with this exquisite little spice, which let the pilot, feels every movement of the air smoothly and very accurately!
I didn’t feel at any time that ‘dull’ feel found usually on the low B gliders…Instead the Knight delivers a very comfortable feel no matter how rough conditions are, with this little touch of magic, that informs the pilot about what’s going on in the air in a super smooth way!
Now my favorite part.
The Knight can be steered by a small amount on the brakes. I can describe the authority on the brakes as moderate to short, linear, precise, direct, agile…And I LOVE it! For a low B the Knight has the ‘dream handling’ Thermalling with the Knight is a real pleasure…I could control the turning radius by little precise brake inputs. Tight turns or large turns without that ‘common dive’ usually found on the low B’s. The turning radius on the Knight is very efficient. Flat turns can be made to optimize the climb in weak thermals. The knight has much better agility and more brake authority than the Rook 2 for example.
Trying to stall the Knight is difficult with hands lower than the seat board and lots of pressure. It’s really difficult to reach the stalling point.
Efficiency in an important word in the paragliding world. Creating efficient gliders in their respective categories is the most difficult part. The Knight cuts through the air-mass without any pitch back, or even a pitch forward. It just cut through peacefully, efficiently, like any good B glider would do. I didn’t feel at any time that I was being pushed away or bumping into the air-mass. The Knight was delivering a smooth efficient ride through the air.
The knight climb rate is on par with the best B’s available today, even the higher rated ones!
The overall glide performance is right on top of the low B category, and could reach some higher rated B glider easily.
The Rook 2 has the edge in the top speed glide.
The difference between the Tequila 4 that I liked, and the Knight is the extra comfort and smoothness in flight the Knight delivers with very close authority on the brakes, without the dive in turns.
The speed bar is easy to use with moderate pressure. The knight SM has a long speed bar travel, and when the pulleys are overlapping, I could see a 12 km/h over trim taken at 2800 ASL.
At bar, +8 km/h over trim is usable in all conditions.
Big ears are stable and reopen by the pilot input. They are efficient in descent rate.
Induced asymmetric are easy to maintain and reopen quickly. Full induced frontal makes a ‘rosette’ but a little dab on the brakes and it opens as fast as lightning.

Conclusion: IMHO, Triple Seven has created a ‘master piece’ for the low B category. The impressive cocktail of climb, glide, handling, comfort, ease of use, authority on the brakes, efficiency, is very rare to be found on a low B glider on the market today.
Written words on papers remain sleeping words…But I'm sure that the experience in ‘test flying’ the Knight will wake you up!

Vrh

PostPostano: pet 27 lis, 2017 14:45 
Offline     DHV 3

Our excitement knows no bounds; we're officially announcing our latest and most eagerly awaited new model, the Queen 2. As usual, the first size to be certified and available is the MS, which is already homologated for a weight range going from 79 to 99kgs. The MS size is ready for ordering from today, with the first wings to be delivered in December, according to the ordering sequence. The ML size follows shortly thereafter.
We're sending a few pre-series wings to important reviewers like Ziad Bassil even before that, to add to the vibe and expand your sales toolbox a little from the word "go" - we're certain that this wing is going to impress, and we want everyone to know about it!

So what can we tell you about this new wing?

definitely the new performance benchmark in its class
true Valič handling due to intelligent design
honest C class glider
factory-fitted with a functional BC system
optimised internal reinforcement design for structural integrity and best strength-to-weight ratio
climbs like a demon in all conditions

We feel that this new wing is going to make a big impact on the market, and make the job of selling Triple Seven products very easy indeed - but we need your cooperation! So please let us all help each other by getting a lot of demo gliders out there ASAP - we promise that anyone demoing this wing will be a Triple Seven convert right away. We're sewing Queen 2's as fast as we can right now, but there will be some bottlenecks all the same. This means that we're shipping gliders out according to order dates, so if you want to surf this one with us you'd better get your orders in right away!

Vrh

PostPostano: pet 27 lis, 2017 16:25 
Offline     DHV 2-3

Član od: uto 25 kol, 2009 7:35
Dao Palac gore: : 544 / Palac dolje: : 5
Dobio Palac gore: : 440 / Palac dolje: : 1
Will it be available in men size as well? :-D

1 Palac gore: : Šokre    
Vrh

PostPostano: pon 30 lis, 2017 10:35